Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Dresser Project/ Crate & Barrel Candlestick

It is so hard to find the time to blog! We went to the beach again last weekend, and it was absolutely perfect weather. The beach is the best. Seriously, is there anything better than taking a nap on the beach, in the sun, listening to the waves?


Even though I haven't posted anything in forever, I am working on some stuff! There are so many people that blog that are constantly finishing projects and I am always thinking "Where the HECK do they find all that time?!?" It makes me very jealous :)
Currently I am working on painting a dresser/changing table that we found on Craigslist for $35!! It was only 4 years old from Babies R Us. It did definitely need a paint job though; lots of scratches and chips. I am painting it a rich cream color and I hope to be done by Wednesday to post on a Soft Place to Land's DIY Day. I still have AT LEAST 3 coats of paint left though, so wish me luck! Here is a picture of the dresser right before I started painting it (the drawers are sitting on top of the dresser).


Here is a candlestick that I finished a couple weeks ago and just never blogged about yet! I got it at Goodwill for $1.99. Here is the before:

Isn't that lovely? Lol. When I was shopping, I looked at the bottom and it has a Crate and Barrel sticker on it. What the heck? That puzzled my mind. Anyways, I painted it cream and here it is! I love it. You can't really see in the picture, but it has a nice shiny glaze to it also.

1 comment: